I made these last week. The below recipe is combined from a few recipes I found. The cupcake is moist and has all of those awesome pumpkin pie spices. The cream cheese frosting made it really creamy and delicious. For shits and giggles I added caramel topping and chocolate chips as decorations.
This is a great desert to make for Halloween, Thanksgiving or whenever! I loves me some pumpkin so could make this all year round. Enjoy! You won’t be disappointed.
½ cup vegetable shortening
1 ½ cups brown sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon mace
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
½ cup milk
8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line cupcake pan with liners
3. Cream the shortening in a large bowl then add the sugar gradually, beating in well. Then beat in eggs.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and mace together.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the first mixture then add the pumpkin and milk and beat thoroughly until smooth (no lumps).
6. Pour the batter into the lined cupcake pan
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
8. Remove from oven and let cool completely
1. Combine the cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla in a stand up mixer. Beat until perfectly smooth and spreadable.
2. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes and decorate with caramel topping and chocolate chips